in bed, exactly where I want to be 😀
I love nights like these when we’ve eaten early, everything is cleaned up and Geo and I get to spend time together… real time, not just bleary eyed, half asleep time. He’s coming up to bed soon and we’re going to finish off the weekend watching 30 Rock, our new favorite show! So I don’t have too much time to chat about but I thought I’d share my phone pics from the weekend – there are some real winners!
Friday, when I was desperately trying to get some work done and Lucy was desperately trying to help…
Lucy’s new favorite game at Nana and Da’s house is to race over to the stairs and climb them. She’s been hearing a lot of “No no, Lucy” 🙂
Yep, that’s what happens when dirty hair has been in a bow all day!
THIS is happening next weekend. I. Am. So. Excited. 🙂
My mom and I went to the NICE – Natural Infant and Child Expo in Plymouth on Saturday and came across this vendor. YIKES. I sometimes drink those Vitamin Waters and was SHOCKED to see that many sugar cubes next to it. It really forces you to question what you’re putting in your mouth and/or feeding your kids.
And this was me this morning trying to get ready for the day. Lucy insisted on doing each and every part of my morning routine WITH me. Yay. :I
Grateful: For lots of time spent with family this weekend and a nice dinner with my parents and bestie! 🙂
- The way the Patriots are currently playing in the Superbowl right now… I decided to make a run for it in the 4th quarter Hiding out in our bedroom and avoiding a very frustrated husband. Maybe by the time I publish this post things will have turned around…
- The way I look/feel in my clothes right now. I’m a solid 5 pounds overweight, and another 5 pounds heavier than I’d ideally like to be… so yea, in total I’ve got 10 pounds to lose and not a whole lot of self motivation to do that.
- My current work/life balance. These last couple months have been rough and although I’m grateful that my company is doing well, I’m also always nervous about losing a client, losing track of something project related and/or losing my mind along the way 🙂 This working mom thing is not easy, and some days are definitely better than others.
- Finding time to do the things I want to do is not an easy endeavor. When I do have a moment to myself most of me wants to take the time to get stuff done (bills, cooking, cleaning, etc.) or hop on the couch and just sink in. So all those little side projects I’ve been meaning to do, magazines I’ve been wanting to read or friends I’ve been wanting to catch up with get pushed to the wayside.
- My mom and wife skills… not always perfect. Whoops! Sometimes I fail, like today when I didn’t notice right away that my 11 months old was sucking on RAW cookie dough while in her carseat. #momfail Or the other day when I was looking forward to Geo’s arrival all day and then immediately snapped at him over something stupid. #wifefail
Some Things That Are…
- Lucy and her love for her LOVEY. It is the most adorable thing and totally melts my heart when she snuggles into it and loves it 🙂
- Having my parents living just a few streets away, and my in-laws just a town away. Their support, love and thoughtfulness is such a blessing and I’m truly grateful for it every day.
- My bed. It really is my happy place.
- Our road trips! When Geo and I are stuck in the car together for hours on end, it always ends up being fun and great time for us to reconnect/be reminded that yes, we’ve got a lot going on but our relationship is priority.
- Having food prepped for the week. This is a perfect feeling for me 🙂 #happiness
Life is not perfect but there are parts that surely are!
Grateful: For bad, mindless mystery books. Especially Harlan Coben ones… its a good way to end a long day 🙂
This past weekend Geo and I went camping with my good friend Jackie and her bf, Greg. Jac and I went shopping while the boys fished, we went out to dinner on Saturday night and were all sleeping by 10:30 – this is my idea of camping 😀
|These are the peeps I spent the weekend with – they’re pretty cool cats.
|There is a serious bromance going on here.
|So pretty! Thanks Jac for making sure we stopped at the flume!
I’ve heard about the “Confessional” before but I came across this site yesterday and couldn’t stop reading through the confessions. It’s like reading through a secret diary – some of them are funny, some surprising and some incredibly sad. We all have things to confess, I certainly know what mine would be, what would yours be? http://candychang.com/confessions/
I’ve been wanting to update this little blog of mine for the last couple weeks and every time I sit down to do so, I’m instantly overwhelmed by all the things I want to write about. Naturally, this interrupts my interest in writing anything and I typically travel over to people.com or Facebook – this is what I do when procrastinating in any facet of my life. But tonight I’m taking a stand and posting!
Do I talk about how happy I am with the people I have in my life? Because I am. I have great friends and am reminded by this every time I get together with the girls! Do I mention that George and I have decided to move in with my parents to save money for a house? Because we are, and I’m so excited about this! The idea of us having our own home is thrilling to me. I’m also very happy to be moving closer to all those girlfriends I mentioned a minute ago. Or maybe I should talk about the wedding plans we’ve been making? Because they are fully underway and progressing fairly well. We’ve chosen a band – big step! And many of the smaller details are coming together, giving me the chance to really see what this day will be like for us.
Wait, I know what I should talk about… it’s 11:30 pm and my alarm will be going off at 6 am. I should be talking about NOTHING. I should be sleeping.
|Just because I love this pic 🙂